If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This shaved salad uses romanesco as it's base. If you can't source romanesco, substitute cauliflower in its place —Tina Jeffers
- 1 small head of romanesco
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 8 kumquats, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red grapes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut the romanesco in half and using a mandoline, thinly slice the romanesco into a large bowl. Don't worry if little pieces fall off, just focus on the center stem and let the rest fall into the bowl. Repeat with the fennel, reserving some of the fronds for garnish. Add the grapes, kumquats, and mint to the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, rice vinegar, honey and extra-virgin olive oil and whisk to combine. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and lightly toss to combine. Serve with a sprinkle of almonds and some additional herbs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad