If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you don’t have access to super fresh local farm produce I would probably blanch and shuck the fava beans, blanch the peas or substitute snap peas and blanch the asparagus and cut it into small 2 “ lengths. —Sara Jenkins
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 pounds fresh fava beans (removed from pods)
- 1/2 cup cup fresh shucked peas or 1 pound snap peas, blanched
- 5 stalks fat fresh asparagus
- 2 1/2 cups fresh herb mix using at least 3 of the following: mint, parsley, sorrel, pea shoots, tarragon, chives, lovage
- 6 ounces pecorino cheese (my preference is for a medium-aged Tuscan pecorino)
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel or other fine finishing salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup cup finest estate-bottled extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix the favas and peas together in a bowl. Trim the asparagus of its tough woody ends and shave paper-thin using a mandolin. Add the herb leaves and roughly chunk up the Pecorino into misshapen pieces. Add to the bowl, sprinkle with the salt, black pepper, and olive oil and toss gently. Eat immediately
- This recipe is a Community Pick!