If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The hotter it is outside, the more refreshing and delicious this Spicy Shaved Cucumber Salad with Avocado and Shrimp will be! A lovely contradiction between spicy and cool, and crunchy and smooth. It makes a wonderful side dish to grilled fish or even a heavier pork tenderloin. While you can always tailor the level of spice to suit, this salad shines when you give it as much punch as you can handle. —todayimight.com
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced thinly
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 large English cucumber, shaved
- 1 cup medium shrimp, cooked
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- dashes ground black pepper
- dashes Kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, add lime juice, green onion, cayenne pepper, chili paste, tumeric and sriracha and stir to combine.
- Peel a large English cucumber.
- Shave the cucumber into paper-thin coins and add to dressing, stirring to coat.
- Peel and cube a large ripe avocado into the salad.
- Add peeled, deveined and cooked shrimp to the salad and gently toss.
- Top with dash of ground pepper and salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad