Author Notes: I saw this on the Julia Child series where she cooked with various chefs. This is a Martha Stewart recipe that I make as my go-to side for potlucks. It is simple and elegant and always wows. —Annie stader
Serves: 4-6 generously
Very fresh large white mushrooms
Parmagiano Reggiano cheese
Good quality extra virgin Olive Oil
Fresh cracked black pepper
- Cut off green tops and slice bottom off of fennel bulbs. Slice very thin preferably with a mandolin. Place slices on plate. Drizzle with half of the lemon juice 1/3 of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly rinse mushrooms. Slice as thin as possible with a mandolin or very sharp knife. Dress as you did with the fennel.
- Slice the Parm with a vegetable peeler and cover mushrooms. Again drizzle with oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep the salad at room and serve within an hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad