If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I saw this on the Julia Child series where she cooked with various chefs. This is a Martha Stewart recipe that I make as my go-to side for potlucks. It is simple and elegant and always wows. —Annie stader
Serves 4-6 generously
- 2 Fennel bulbs
- 4 Very fresh large white mushrooms
- 1/4 lb. Parmagiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 tablespoons Good quality extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Cut off green tops and slice bottom off of fennel bulbs. Slice very thin preferably with a mandolin. Place slices on plate. Drizzle with half of the lemon juice 1/3 of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly rinse mushrooms. Slice as thin as possible with a mandolin or very sharp knife. Dress as you did with the fennel.
- Slice the Parm with a vegetable peeler and cover mushrooms. Again drizzle with oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep the salad at room and serve within an hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad