If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve always been a fan of soups; mostly because it requires only one pot to make and I’m lazy. This soup is super rich and flavorful. There is a just a hint of garam masala and the brie adds a nice creaminess to the soup. I would like to say that this is my attempt at Indian fusion. I think it’s a hit! Try it for yourself! —Milk and Cardamom
Serves 2-3 people
tablespoons olive oil
leek, white part - finely chopped
white onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
grams asparagus, washed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
teaspoon garam masala
cups vegetable broth
teaspoon plain greek yogurt (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add leeks, onion and garlic with a pinch of salt to the saucepan. Saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add asparagus and garam masala. Stir and saute for 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender and blend until nice an smooth. You can also use a stick blender to do this!
- Return the smooth soup back to the saucepan on low heat. Add brie and stir until the brie is all melted. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Ladel soup into a bowl an garnish with additional asparagus,pinch of garam masala and/or greek yogurt. Serve with bread and enjoy!