If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have created mini-sandwiches before and for a brunch one day I started creating different variations of this recipe. I like the flavors of fresh apricot, basil and goat cheese. I especially like the addition of pistachios. —amrecipes
Serves 24-28 appetizers
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 ciabatta baguettes or country-style bread, sliced
- 1 pound goat cheese or brie cheese
- 1 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Arugula, washed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup unsalted, chopped pistachios
- In a medium saucepan, pour in juice, preserves and vinegar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook until thick, 6 to 7 minutes; stirring often. Turn off heat.
- Lay bread slices on serving tray(s). Spread or cover each piece with cheese. Lay thin slice of prosciutto and arrange arugula on top. Sprinkle basil and about ½ teaspoon pistachio pieces. When time to serve, drizzle warm balsamic and apricot glaze over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil