Author Notes: This smoothie is surprisingly delicious. Who knew bananas and sweet potatoes went so well together. The cinnamon and almond milk around out the flavors for a creamy and decadent morning treat. This would be a great recipe for leftover mashed sweet potatoes from dinner the night before! —Ultimate Paleo Guide
Sweet Potato (for smoothie - 1/4 cup sweet potato, cooked)
cup Almond Milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the sweet potato well and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until the sweet potato can be pierced with a fork and is cooked through.
- Once cooled, place the sweet potato in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut the potato open and scoop out the cooked potato. Measure ¼ cup and reserve the remainder for sweet potato pancakes or more smoothies!
- Add all the smoothie ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: