If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed, chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- In large skillet, place half the spinach with the rinse water still clinging to its leaves. Cover and cook over medium heat until very wilted and tender, about 5 mins. In another skillet, pour in Olive Oil, and warm over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic, and salt, and cook stirring occasionally until softened...about 6 minutes. Add the flour and cook until toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in the almond milk. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Go back to spinach skillt and cook the rest with 1 tbsp of water..covered over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice, then mix entire spinach deal into flour mixture. Sprinkle with toasted almonds if desired.