If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The kick of harissa was pretty much made for the smoky brightness of roasted tomato salsa. The minute tomato season pops, you’ll want to whip up batches of this stuff in bulk and give it as gifts to all your favorite people. —CAVA
- 2 pounds roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 handful (large) fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons CAVA Harissa
- yellow corn tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat broiler to high. Place tomatoes and onions on a large baking sheet, skin side up. Add unpeeled garlic cloves to sheet. Broil for 6 to 8 minutes, until tomatoes have blackened and blistered on top. Remove and allow to cool.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Add roasted ingredients and remaining ingredients to bowl of your blender. Puree salsa until smooth. Season with extra salt or lime juice as needed.