If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Literally...this recipe comes from my brother Chef Samir D... He made it for me some 40 years ago! —nykavi
- 1 pound boneless skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot
- A large pinches Ajinomoto (optional)
- Canola oil for frying
- Wash and pat dry chicken. Chop chicken into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces. Place in a glass bowl.
- Chop cilantro finely.
- Add soy sauce, garlic paste and cilantro to chicken. Stir to mix. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight for best results.
- When you are ready to fry, heat oil in a wok or deep saucepan. You should have at least 2-3 inches of oil in the pan. Coat chicken pieces with cornstarch and drop gently into hot oil. Fry 4-5 pieces at a time so as not to crowd the pan. Overcrowding will lower the temperature of the oil resulting in a longer fry and oilier chicken. Fry chicken, turning often till crusty, 6-8 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels. Keep chicken warm in a low oven while you fry the rest of the pieces. Serve as an appetizer or part of an Asian meal.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken