If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Super healthy, tasty and refreshing salad recipe that can be made to satisfy both adults and lil tots. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
Serves 2 each
For the babes:
- 1 large carrot, grated on a microplane
- 1 gala apple, cored, then grated on a microplane
- 1 handful baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- Combine carrot, apple, spinach, and basil in a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice on top and mix well.
For the adults:
- 1 large carrot, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise, then chopped
- 1 gala apple, halved, cored, then thinly sliced
- 2-3 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine carrots, apples, spinach, and basil in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.