If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This classic is robust, crunchy and bursting with flavor which makes this our favorite go-to recipe for entertaining —My French Chef
Chicken and Croutons
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 100 milliliters olive oil
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 9 thin slices french bread
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place the chicken tightly in one layer in a small (1.5 quart) baking pan or au gratin pan. Add olive oil, thyme and gently crushed whole garlic clove to the top of the chicken. Place the chicken in a cold oven. Turn the oven on to 160C and cook for about 20 mins or until almost done. Then remove the chicken from the oven and rest for 10 mins.
- Turn the oven up to 180C to preheat the oven for the croutons. Use a bread knife and slice the bread into thin slices for the croutons. Peel the clove of garlic and rub gently on one side of each bread slice. Place the bread on a baking tray. Sprinkle the bread with salt and olive oil, to taste. Bake about 5 mins until the croutons begin to golden. Then, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Caesar Dressing & Salad
- 10 pieces salted anchovies
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 9 heads of baby gem
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan
- Begin to make the mayonnaise, if making from scratch. Finely chop the anchovies, capers and garlic. Finely grate the parmesan. Combine all the ingredients together and blend to a creamy texture. Reserve in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Wash and chop the lettuce. Shave the parmesan with a peeler and set aside. Mix the lettuce with the desired amount of dressing in a large bowl. Dress the final shared bowl or individual dishes by adding the salad mix, chicken, shaved parmesan, and croutons. Bon appétit!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken