If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A springy pizza with an arugula pesto sauce. Topped with asparagus, burrata cheese, parmesan, eggs and watercress. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
Makes 1 large pizza
Asparagus and Burrata Pizza with Arugula Pesto
- Pizza Dough
- Arugula Pesto (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 cups burrata cheese (substitute fresh mozzarella if you can't find burrata)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon flaky salt (such as Maldon)
- 1 ounce fresh watercress (other greens such as baby arugula, pea shoots, or microgreens)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet or large pizza pan with cooking spray and sprinkle it with the cornmeal. Place dough in the center of the pan and spread all the way to the edges, spreading dough as thinly as you can without tearing it. Let pizza dough rest while oven heats and you prep the rest of your toppings. (hint - if you’re having trouble spreading the dough all the way to the edges, spread it as far as you can, then let it rest for about 5 minutes. After resting, it will be easier to finish spreading the dough all the way to the edges of the pan).
- Spread arugula pesto evenly over the prepared pizza dough, leaving a 1” border around the edges. Sprinkle evenly with the asparagus pieces. Break burrata into large chunks and place atop pizza, then sprinkle everything with ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Make three indentations in the toppings, then crack one egg into each. Carefully, carefully, transfer pizza pan to oven and bake at 450 degrees until egg whites are set and cheese is melty and beginning to brown, about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven, and sprinkle evenly with the crushed red pepper, flaky salt, and remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Top evenly with greens and serve immediately.
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (or 2 stalks green garlic, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until well combined - about 30-45 seconds. Add additional salt to taste if needed. Can be made ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.