Author Notes: This is a recipe I have been working on for the last few zucchini seasons. I first attempted to fry the zucchini flowers -- no good -- they soaked up way too much oil. Baking works best, but be sure to check them often and baste with a little more olive oil if needed. The basil adds a nice floral flavor. I served these with a few baby zucchini seared with olive oil, thyme and course ground pepper. —coffeefoodwrite
4 ounces goat cheese
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt
basil leaves chopped
about 6 medium zucchini flowers
extra salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the egg, goat cheese, pepper, salt and basil together.
- Stuff flowers with this mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet that has been brushed with a little olive oil. Brush the stuffed flowers lightly with olive oil and sprinkle a little salt on top.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 425 degrees, or until flowers are golden and cheese is bubbly and cooked.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil