Author Notes: This is dually named for my friend Barbara T who gave me the original recipe, and for the ingredients Basil and Tomatoes. —journaler
Serves: 3 or 4
Fresh Basil Leaves
Crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
tablespoons Capers (no liquid)
cup black pitted olives, sliced
tablespoons olive oil
In This Recipe
- Note: Make the sauce in a dutch oven or large pot since you will be adding the pasta to the sauce.
- While cooking pasta saute garlic and shallots in olive oil, (use vegetable broth for fat-free version), until soft.
- Add basil and stir until wilted (the basil, not you.)
- Add tomatoes and simmer until nice and hot then add the capers.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the sauce. Mix well and add chopped olives. Mix lightly and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil