If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The smoking taste of roasted Eggplant with tahini, is defiantly one of the most delicious and unique combination.
Once you try this amazing dip/spread, you are going to be addicted very quickly.
There are many ways to roaste the eggplant; the best is on a gas stove with cast iron grill pan,
Other options are on a grill or in a hot oven. —Reshef Almog
- 3 pieces medium eggplants
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Every eggplant should be pierced before roasting. if not, it will be exploded and will get really messy. Taking a fork or a toothpick and piercing each eggplant, then roasting will be very easy mission. Set the eggplants directly on the flame, grill, or grate. The eggplant will start to crack and give off juices; it should become an ashy grayblack. Turn it as it cooks. When the eggplant is charred gray and very soft all the way through (check with the toothpick, should be very smoothly), transfer it to a plate to cool.
- Slice off the top of the cooled eggplant, and then cut it in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to carefully remove all the pulp, but avoid any bits of blackened skin. Use a filter to get rid of all the juices from the eggplant.
- Put in a mixer the eggplant's pupl with all the ingredients, mix it for 1-2 minute. really important not too much, it should be with a fork, stir the eggplant to break up large pieces and add the rest of the ingredients. Taste as you mix and adjust seasoning. Turn the 'baba ghanouj' into a bowl and chill before serving.
- Tip: 1. The best way is to store it in an airtight container in the Refrigerator up to one week. I am using for many years a set of containers, that keep the food fresh and safe. It is Leakproof and good for using in the Microwave.