If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad, which you can also recreate with ingredients at sweetgreen, speaks to everything we love about salad: many layers of green, many textures, seasonal things that may disappear soon, creamy things that are hopefully cheese or avocado, and enough of all these elements to keep you interested but also awake during your next meeting, and the next. It's the kind of salad we want to eat right now, and all summer. —Ali Slagle
- Kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Grapeseed oil, for roasting and dressing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 95 grams cooked wild rice
- 95 grams arugula
- 5 grams mint leaves
- 20 grams bean sprouts
- 30 grams feta
- Half an avocado
- 40 grams cooked chickpeas
- A big handful of cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Combine the corn and bell pepper on a lined baking sheet. Toss with salt, pepper, and enough grapeseed oil to coat. Roast until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- While the vegetables roast, make the dressing: Combine the jalapeño through the white wine vinegar with salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth, then slowly drizzled in grapeseed oil until amalgamated. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Combine the corn and peppers with everything else in a big bowl. Toss with dressing, adjust seasoning, and eat!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!