Author Notes: My husband and I love fish and are constantly trying to find new ways to prepare it. This was inspired by our favorite restaurant in Lancaster, CA that shut down. They used chilean sea bass and caper berries but we just use what we have on hand. I like to serve this over orzo and garlicky sauteed spinach. —April380
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
garlic cloves, sliced thin
cup fresh lemon juice
cup white wine
cup fresh basil, chiffonade or chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Season fish with salt and pepper
- In heavy skillet, heat olive oil over med-high heat
- Sear fish on each side, until golden color forms. Remove fish from skillet, set aside.
- Lower heat to medium. Add tomatoes and garlic, cook a few minutes (do not let garlic brown and bitter).
- Add wine and lemon juice. Let reduce by 1/3.
- Return fish to skillet, add basil. Cover and let cook until fish is cooked through.
- Serve over orzo and spinach. Garnish with lemon wedge and fresh basil to taste.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil