If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This hearty Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad is full of grilled veggies & chicken, feta cheese, and a delightful Basil Balsamic Dressing. —Holly
For The Salad
- 2 large bonelss skinless chicken breasts
- 2 small yellow squash
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 large red pepper
- 20 kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly into rings & separated
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces French feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 ounces mixed lettuce greens
- salt & pepper
For The Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons aged Balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and spray with Canola cooking spray. Cook on a 450 degree grill for 6 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second. Be sure to temp the chicken to be sure it reads 165 degrees.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, slice width-wise into ¼ inch slices.
- Cut squash, zucchini and red pepper in half lengthwise. Salt and pepper liberally and spray with canola cooking spray. Grill for 4 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the other side. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice squash and zucchini on the diagonal. Cut pepper into long one-inch wide slices and then cut each slice on the diagonal into ½ inch pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the vinaigrette dressing.
- Place a bed of mixed greens on each plate, then layer on grilled veggies, onions, olives, and feta. Top with you grilled chicken slices and drizzle with the vinaigrette.