If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Frosty cocktails and dinner salads, summertime is here, right? Easy cooking and meals that come together quickly, that’s what we all want when it’s time to open the windows wide, as we’d really rather be outside. —MaryFrancesCooks
- 4 chicken thighs with bone and skin
- 5.5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 3-4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 1.75 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes – scrubbed, dried and cut into 2“ chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to drizzle on finished salads
- 1/3 cup caperberries, drained
- 2 whole lemons, washed, dried and cut in half
- 8 radishes, scrubbed clean and dried, trim if greens are not nice
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, washed, strings removed, and cut on a diagonal into slices
- 3 tomatoes, washed, dried and each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 small sweet peppers – yellow, orange or red, washed, dried, split in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 3 scallions, cleaned and sliced, white, light green and some dark green parts
- garlic powder
- Maldon Salt
- sesame seeds
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes with 2 Tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes. Then add the caperberries to the potatoes and toss and return to the oven for 20 – 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry chicken thighs, removing all fat and extra skin on the edges. Season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and sesame seeds, pressing them in to adhere. Place thighs on a rack on a rimmed baking sheet, add lemon halves in the corners of the baking sheet, cut side down and roast on the top shelf in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Prepare all the other vegetables.
- Distribute the spinach and romaine lettuce leaves evenly among four dinner plates. Place chicken thighs in the center and evenly distribute all the other vegetables around the chicken, putting one roasted lemon half on each plate and finishing with the scallions sprinkled all over. Drizzle olive oil on the vegetables in a circle around the chicken, and squeeze the lemon all around. Finish with some crushed Maldon salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve with LOVE and enjoy!! We paired this with an Alsace Riesling – perfect!