Crab cocktails make elegant appetizers for dinner parties. I use Alaskan king crab legs, but you can use grilled shrimp instead. Semi-ripe mangoes are more tart than fully ripe mangoes and hold their shape better. —Grace O
fresh lime juice
diced green (semi-ripe) Mangoes
1 1/2 cups
diced Roma tomatoes
julienned young coconut mean
steamed, coarsely chopped crab meat
In This Recipe
1. In a glass bowl, combine the lime juice, scallions, jalapenos, salt, and hot sauce.
2. Fold in the mangoes, tomatoes, coconut meat, and cilantro.
3. Carefully fold in the crab meat without breaking it apart.
4. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
5. To serve, spoon into martini glasses.
These crab cocktails make elegant appetizers for dinner parties. I use Alaskan king crab legs, but you can use grilled shrimp instead. Semi-ripe mangoes are more tart than fully ripe mangoes and hold their shape better. Depending on your taste for spicy food and drink, adjust the amount of hot sauce and jalapenos, or omit them. These cocktails are delicious alongside my Guacamole with Pomegranate Seeds and tortilla chips. BENEFITS: Crab and other shellfish contain selenium, an antioxidant that increases resistance to infection. The mango, lime, and hot sauce deliver plenty of vitamin C, which helps the body resist infection and protects against skin aging.