If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Based off of a raspberry-ginger-bourbon drink I had once, this punch balances summer fruitiness with the heft and moodiness of bourbon and Campari. Because I like my punch to be carefree yet thoughtful. And because it's punch, well, it should pack a punch. But still be elegant. Punch, apparently, is really just a study in balanced contrasts. —fiveandspice
Serves about 8 to 10
Southern Belle Punch
- 12 ounces bourbon
- 5 ounces raspberry syrup (see below)
- 4.5 ounces Campari
- 4.5 ounces lemon juice
- 12 ounces ginger beer, a nice spicy kind with a bit of kick
- 16 ounces dry sparkling wine
- In a pitcher, combine the bourbon, Campari, raspberry syrup, and lemon juice. Stir well with some ice.
- Top with the ginger beer and sparkling wine and stir again. Add more ice. Serve!
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon in strips
- Zest of one small orange in strips
- Combine all the ingredients with one cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer, smooshing the raspberries with a spoon to release their juices. Simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes, until the raspberries are broken down and saucy. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Allow to cool before using.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!