If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lettuce Nut Tacos - A great entertaining dish, & full of nut protein, these tacos are insanely good. —Imbue By Tara Kircher
- 2 cups Mixed nuts
- 1 packet Shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Large head of green leaf lettuce
- Half White onion
- 3 Spring onions
- 1 Avocado
- Few sprigs Mint, Rosemary & Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Lemon
- Salt, pepper & cayenne to taste
- Slice onion & spring onions, mix both together in a small serving dish.
- Finely chop Rosemary, Mint & Cilantro, mix all together in a small serving dish.
- Thinly slice avocados, season with salt & pepper.
- Heat nuts in frying pan with a olive little oil. Stirring frequently to avoid sticking. Cook for 8 minutes, which will heat & give them a nice caramelized crispy edge. While nuts are cooking separate and prepare your lettuce leafs.
- NOTES: I like to put all lettuce leaves in a bowl and surround with all the small serving dishes of taco fillings ... people are then free to grab a lettuce leaf and pile on all the fillings them selves. My taco method is: lettuce leaf, scoop on the warm nuts, add onion mix, then avocado, then sprinkle with herb mix, and drizzle with some lemon. I find green leaf lettuce a much better fit for this dish over iceberg as it doesn't break as easy and is less watery. Give each person half a lemon so they can drizzle it on their finished taco for the final zest of taste... then make many more & enjoy, these are seriously so good!