If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocados from Mexico makes salads sing! Make a sensational summer salad with these tasty ingredients! —Avocados from Mexico
- 2 fully ripened avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups loosely packed watercress sprigs
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 pound cooked medium to large peeled, deveined shrimp or 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 hearts of palm, quartered lengthwise (from a 14.10-ounce jar), optional
- In a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the Citrus Vinaigrette with the watercress; toss and divide among four plates. Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Arrange avocado and orange slices, shrimp and hearts of palm on greens; drizzle with some of the dressing. Pass the remaining dressing.
- Citrus Vinaigrette: In a small saucepan, simmer 1cup orange juice until reduced to about 2/3 cup; set aside to cool. In a blender, combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Add the cooled orange juice and blend. With the motor running, gradually add 1/2 cup canola or other vegetable oil and blend until combined.