If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Readjusting back home from a trip to New York meant needing some quality time with my kitchen!
I made this delicious chicken & veggie curry with cilantro and roasted cashews in the comfort of my own home. This dish hit the spot - warm, flavorful, and HEALTHY! —Virginie Degryse
- 1 pound of chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup cashews, roasted
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken and sauté in a dutch oven with olive oil until brown. Add some salt and pepper.
- When chicken is cooked put on the side and reserve. Use same pot, add some olive oil, the onion and the ginger and cook for 4-5 minutes. When translucent, add the carrots and cauliflower. Add the coconut milk, tumeric, cumin, 1 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper. Cook until veggies are tender 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and chicken and cook for another 5 minutes and add lime juice and zest. Serve with roasted cashews on top and cilantro. I like mine spicy but my kids do not, so I added some chili flakes to my bowl.
- Et Voila, Bon Appetit!