If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bok choy, win choi and garlic stir fried with beef. All smothered in hoisin sauce to round out the dish nicely. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds flat iron steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green garlic stems, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 4 medium turnips, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound bok choy and/or win choi, stems and greens coarsely chopped, seperated
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- sesame seeds
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoon of canola oil over high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper and and add to wok. Cook for 2-4 minutes, until meat has browned. Transfer meat to a large bowl and stir in hoisin sauce. Cover and set aside.
- Pour out extra liquid from wok. Lower heat to medium high, then add remaining canola oil to wok. Add in garlic, scallions, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in turnips, bok choy stems, and win choi stems. Cook until stems soften, about 5 minutes, then add in bok choy and win choi greens. Pour in soy sauce and Sriracha, then cook about 2-4 more minutes, until greens are wilted. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve beef over vegetable mixture. Top with sesame seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner