If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great way to use summer veggies and fresh salmon for an easy flavorful meal. Works well as a lunch or dinner entree. —Lisa T
Serves 3 - 4 people
- 1 pound Salmon filet skinned and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced fine
- 2 small size yellow summer squash, skin on and cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup green beans cut onto 2" pieces
- 2 scallions whites cut into one inch pieces and greens cut fine for topping
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated or minced ginger
- 1 persian cucumber chopped small for topping
- 1/2 cup Vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup cup of water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar - optional
- Lime zest and juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 14 ounces one can of coconut creme or milk
- 4 ounces green curry paste
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a saute' pan -- heat olive oil on medium high heat -- quickly sauté green beans, scallion tops and squash about 5 minutes - should be cooked through with a firm texture. Set aside.
- In a 5 qt saute' pan or deep skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté shallots until soft about 3 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste. Then add green curry paste, garlic, fish sauce and brown sugar (optional) stir frequently on medium heat for about one more minute. Add coconut creme, veggie broth, minced ginger, water. Whisk together and let simmer, stirring frequently for 10 minutes add salt and pepper to taste. Add salmon and corn and cook in the curry for about 5 - 6 minutes until cooked. When done transfer to a serving bowl, stir in lime juice, add the cooked veggies and top with a sprinkle of zest.
- At the same time, cook some basmati or brown rice.
- Serve curry with a side or on top of cooked rice -- garnish with thinly sliced scallion greens and cucumber pieces.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon