Author Notes: Fresh salmon fillets, basted in herbed butter, are bathed in a decadent cream sauce with tender mushrooms and a tantalizing hint of champagne. —gussiesmom
salmon fillets, 1-inch thick, skin removed
tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
cups fresh sliced mushrooms
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cup champagne (or white wine)
cup heavy cream
Thyme sprigs for garnish
In This Recipe
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute fresh thyme leaves in butter 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add salmon fillets to skillet in single layer. Baste fillets thoroughly with butter.
- Add mushrooms to skillet.
- Pour lemon juice and champagne over all.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and simmer 25 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Transfer salmon to plate.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and drippings in skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Whisk in cream and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more, or until sauce is thickened.
- Return salmon to skillet to heat through.
- To serve, place salmon on plates. Spoon sauce over top. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon