Author Notes: Fresh salmon fillets, basted in herbed butter, are bathed in a decadent cream sauce with tender mushrooms and a tantalizing hint of champagne. —gussiesmom
salmon fillets, 1-inch thick, skin removed
tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
cups fresh sliced mushrooms
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cup champagne (or white wine)
cup heavy cream
Thyme sprigs for garnish
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute fresh thyme leaves in butter 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add salmon fillets to skillet in single layer. Baste fillets thoroughly with butter.
- Add mushrooms to skillet.
- Pour lemon juice and champagne over all.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and simmer 25 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Transfer salmon to plate.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and drippings in skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Whisk in cream and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more, or until sauce is thickened.
- Return salmon to skillet to heat through.
- To serve, place salmon on plates. Spoon sauce over top. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon