If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crisp, fresh, and surprisingly spicy melon and cucumber salad, topped with toasted almonds —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3-4 outer leaves from a head of Napa cabbage, stems cut, leaves torn
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cantaloupe or honeydew melon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1-2 small Persian cucumbers, sliced thin
- 3 medium radishes, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small pan, toast slivered almonds until they are golden brown, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, melon, cucumbers, and radishes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Pour dressing over melon mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Place torn Napa cabbage leaves on the bottom of a platter. Top with melon mixture and toasted almonds. Sprinkle with Maldon salt and cayenne pepper before serving.