If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soba noodles with tofu, baby bok choy, scallions, shiitake mushrooms and snow peas in a delicious ginger broth. —Vegan.io
For the Broth
- 3 pieces dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 pieces garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup scallions
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 cups water
For the Noodles
- 2 pinches baby bok choy (trimmed and sliced)
- 18 ounces firm tofu (drained and thickly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch red chili (thinly sliced for garnishing)
- .5 cups shiitake mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- .5 cups snow peas
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Wash all vegetables. Separate white and green parts of the scallion; reserve the green parts for garnishing.
- To make the broth: Boil together white parts of the scallion, ginger, garlic, dry shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, nutritional yeast and water. Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and discard solids. Adjust the seasoning and bring it to a boil again.
- While simmering the broth, heat up the olive oil in a frying pan. Season the sliced tofu with soy sauce and sauté both sides of the tofu until browned. Set aside.
- Once the broth starts boiling, cook the soba noodles in the broth for 3-4 minutes or according to the instructions on packet. About 1 minute before the soba is fully cooked, add in baby bok choy, snow peas and shiitake mushroom.
- Pour noodles into individual bowls and garnish with cooked tofu, red chilies and chopped scallions. Drizzle with sesame oil. Serve hot.