Author Notes: Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread similar in style and texture to pizza dough. It may be topped with herbs or other ingredients. It is usually seasoned with olive oil, salt, sometimes herbs, and may at times be topped with onion, cheese and any other toppings. It might also be flavored with a number of vegetables. focaccia with rosemary is a common focaccia style in Italian cuisine that may be served as an appetizer, table bread, or snack. This Focaccia is perfectly baked and Topped with Colorful Bell peppers, Dried Rosemary, and Black pepper Which is extremely a wonderful combination to serve this Bread. —Waagmi
teaspoon Granulated Sugar
teaspoons Instant Yeast
cups All purpose Flour
cup Olive Oil
cup Tricolor Bell peppers
teaspoon Dried Rosemary
teaspoon Black pepper, Crushed or Powder
- 1. Heat the milk and turn off the flame. Stir in the sugar into the hot milk. When the milk is lukewarm sprinkle the yeast and allow to rest for ten minutes.
- 2. Take a bowl and add flour and salt and mix well. Stir in the oil and yeast mixture. Mix it with your hands that dough comes together. Then knead the dough for four to five minutes. Now use the base of your palms to knead into a smooth pliable dough on a work surface or a clean kitchen platform.
- 3. Roll the dough into a rough rectangle using a little corn flour, Carefully transfer the rolled dough into a greased 9” by 12” baking tray. Spread and shape the dough to fit into the tin.
- 4. Allow to rest in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs until the dough raises and doubles in size.
- 5. After the dough is raised and doubled in size, make equally spaced indentations with your thumb or forefinger. Apply lots of Olive Oil on the top of the bread, Place the sliced bell peppers and Sprinkle the Dried Rosemary and some black pepper on it. Again sprinkle some Olive Oil on the topping.
- 6. Bake in a Pre-heated oven at 200 C for 20-25 minutes.