If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite appetizer & meal! It is great for an appetizer when guests come over and it is easy and super fresh! —athenamo
Serves 4 as an appetizers or 2 as a meal
- 3 different heirloom tomatos (brandywine, Cherokee purple,e green zebra or sweet orange)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 dashes Himalayan pink salt
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 loaf french bread
- 2-3 dashes coarse ground pepper
- Slice your tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick
- Slice or pull the fresh mozzarella into pieces that are smaller than the tomato slice but that are big enough to cover 3/4 of the slice.
- pull whole leaves off basil
- Place the tomato in a dish and drizzle EVOO over the top of the tomatoes
- Place mozzarella slices on top of the tomatoes and then put the whole leaf of basil on the top of the cheese
- Now drizzle just a bit more of EVOO over the top and sprinkle salt and pepper over the dish.
- Optional** Slice French Bread into pieces (3x3 inch slices) lightly toast in oven and drizzle with LIGHT EVOO.
- Serve bread and salad together or place salad on top of bread and serve.