If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sesame Chicken with avocado and pear salad--proof that poultry and fruit are a dream team. —jenniferw
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts(about 10 grams)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small pear
- 0.5 lime
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 chicken breast halves (about 250 grams)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry small non-stick pan until golden brown. Let cool.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the pit. Peel away the skin and cut the avocado halves into thin slices.
- Rinse pear and wipe dry. Cut in half, remove the seeds, and cut pear into thin slices.
- Juice half of lime. Place avocado and pear slices in a bowl and sprinkle with lime juice and 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar and gently mix.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts over the pear and avocado mixture.
- Separate egg. (Reserve egg yolk for another use.) Rinse chicken fillets and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Brush chicken with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Press sesame seeds firmly onto chicken.
- Heat the remaining oil in the non-stick pan. Cook chicken over medium-high heat, for about 5 minutes on each side. Serve with the salad.