Author Notes: This was created out of boredom one day, and boy is it refreshing! —Allergy Free Mom
Serves 1 or maybe 2, as an app.
For the Salad Bed:
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 of a Red Delicious apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh picked strawberries, diced small
- When at all possible, choose organic
For the glaze:
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons strawberry all-fruit jam (such as Polaner)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, very finely diced
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Prepare your glaze by combining all the ingredients in a small saucepan over lowest possible temperature, and stir constantly until liquefied (about 2-3 minutes). Allow to sit at room temperature to cool slightly and incorporate the flavors.
- Arrange salad onto a plate, and drizzle with the glaze.