If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Couscous is combined with a bright mix of fresh veggies including kale, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and zucchini before mixing in simple sunflower pesto and finishing with ripe avocado and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds —Sprinkles & Saturdays
For the vegetable couscous
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli forets
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1 bunch kale, spines removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado
For the pesto
- 4 cups lightly packed basil
- 1 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 lemons, juiced
- To make the pesto: Place all ingredients plus salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and whiz until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the broccoli, cherry tomatoes and zucchini and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the chopped kale, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook until tender, about 2 more minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare couscous according to package instructions.
- Combine couscous and veggies in a large bowl and fold in pesto. Divide into bowls and top each with sliced avocado and sunflower seeds.