Author Notes: This is recipe is about having the freshest, highest quality ingredients at hand and letting them do the talking. I love this dish. Super simple, but can only be had at this time of year. I can still get fresh peas in the midwest and tomatoes are at perfection. I use the best butter that I can buy, a beautiful Chardonnay, and sea salt to make this perfect. I am putting down that this feeds 2 people, but I could eat the entire plate and a glass of Chardonnay and feel completely satisfied. —MyCommunalTable
pads of sweet butter
cup fresh peas
cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
tablespoons chives, finely chopped
sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste.
- In my favorite 10 inch skillet, I melt the butter over med-low heat.
- Add peas, tomatoes, & chives. Cook, tossing occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add splash of wine, s&p and cook until tomatoes start to crack open and peas are tender. About 5 minutes more.
- Serve warm. So simple and good.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes