If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This gazpacho recipe is perfect for Summer and it is a great split pea soup recipe. Spit pea soup is for more than just Winter. Mint infused split pea soup. —Palouse Brand
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups dried green split peas
- 1 shallot
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 mint sprigs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup half & half
- In medium size saucepan bring water to a boil and add split peas. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer peas until soft, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse saucepan. Using the same saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add shallots and cook until softened (not browned) for a couple of minutes.
- Add broth and mint sprigs to the shallots, increase heat and bring to a boil. Add drained split peas and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 5 minutes while flavors blend.
- Discard the mint and puree the soup in a large blender until velvety smooth. Be careful the mixture will be hot.
- Blend in the cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill to serve cold.
- Blend sour cream and half & half together to garnish, adding fresh mint strips if you desire.