If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 Asian eggplants, cut in half lengthwise and lightly salted to draw out any bitterness
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 4 scalllions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru, or Korean chili flakes
- Toss the split eggplants with vegetable oil until the cut surface is lightly dressed.
- Meanwhile, get a large cast-iron pan or grill very hot. Grill each side of the eggplant until browned (slight char is good!) and tender.
- Cool the eggplant and then cut into 1" pieces. Fold in garlic, scallions, vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil.
- Finish with gochugaru and sesame seeds. It is better to serve this the same day.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!