If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy comfort food. For when you can't decide if it's Summer or Fall. —Ashley Marie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small acorn squash
- 2 red beets
- 1 golden beet
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 bunch white asparagus
- 1 ear of corn
- 2 radishes, large, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup lentils (cooked)
- 1/4 cup feta (preferably Bulgarian)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Prep the veggies: Peel the beets and cut into 1/8ths. Smash the garlic and roughly chop. De-seed the pepper and finely chop. Peel the white asparagus and cut into 2" segments. Peel the squash and cut into small chunks.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, beets, squash, asparagus, garlic and pepper. Sprinkle generously with salt, paprika and turmeric. Mix well and spread evenly on a baking sheet covered in parchment.
- Place in oven and roast for 25 minutes. Halfway through, pull out and mix everything up.
- While the vegetables roast, prepare everything else. In the same bowl you used to mix everything, add the ear of corn, sliced radishes, cooked lentils and feta cheese.
- Place cilantro on cutting board. Sprinkle evenly, and generously, with sumac. Mince the cilantro until it is almost a paste.
- Toast your pumpkin seeds in a dry pan.
- When you pull the vegetables out, toss well with the mixture in the bowl.
- Plate: Should serve two as a meal or four as a side. The mixture should go in the bowls, and then be topped with the cilantro-sumac mixture and toasted pumpkin seeds.