If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick, easy and healthy dish that’s perfect for dinner. It also freezes beautifully in case you have any extras (unlikely!) —Sprinkles & Saturdays
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup cooked corn, thawed if using frozen - I like Trader Joe's frozen roasted corn
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 avocado
- 2 limes
- Preheat oven to 375. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. While the quinoa is cooking, slice the tops off the tomatoes and hollow out the insides. Set aside.
- Stir the beans, corn, cilantro, nutritional yeast, ancho chili powder, salt and pepper into the cooked quinoa. Evenly divide the filling among the tomatoes and bake for 20 minutes. You may end up with extra filling depending on how large your tomatoes are, but that's alright because it's also delicious on its own.
- Serve with sliced avocado, cilantro and a generous squeeze of lime.