If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Such a simple, easy & healthy lunch or dinner to throw together in less than 20 minutes —Sprinkles & Saturdays
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bunches red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped toasted and salted peanuts
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2-5 tablespoons warm water
- To make the peanut sauce: Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, adding more coconut or brown sugar as you go to make it sweeter and more water until you reach desired thickness.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add cubed tofu and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the lettuce wraps, start with one or two lettuce leafs stacked on top of one another and add tofu, cucumber, jalapeño, scallions, mint, cilantro, avocado and peanuts. Finish with the peanut sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime.