If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A first course of prosciutto wrapped around fruit such as melon is a classic. To make the course a little more playful and hands on, I designed a pizza to do the job. Mangos are sweeter and juicier than melon, and paired with prosciutto make a great starter. The difficulty of serving this pizza is convincing your guests that it is just the beginning of the dinner and they only get one piece. —dymnyno
Makes 2 small 12 inch pizzas
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into long thin slices
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, mostly white part and a little green
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded asiago
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded parmesan
- 1 1/2 ounces crumbled sheep feta
- 2 small pizza doughs, either homemade or purchased from your favorite source
- Mix the sliced mango, minced cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and green onions together.
- Toss the asiago, parmesan and feta together.
- Liberally sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over one of the pizza doughs which has been prepared in a nice circle. If you are making 2 pizzas at the same time, then just divy up all the ingredients.
- Place half of the mangoes over the cheese.
- Arrange half of the prosciutto over the mangoes.
- Shred with your fingers and put half of the mozzarella around and over the toppings.
- Bake in an oven or in a wood fired oven.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit