If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After eating an eggplant blood orange appetizer at a restaurant, I thought it would be a perfect with peaches! Grilled peaches, fluffy ricotta and seasoned eggplant are the perfect summer salad, appetizer or side dish. Drizzled with an honey sweetened balsamic reduction, this is the perfect way to enjoy your summer eggplants and peaches together. I topped mine with a cherry tomato, but a fresh cherry would be great too! —Oat&Sesame
- 3 peaches, pitted and thickly sliced
- 2 small eggplant, sliced into 1-2" thick rounds
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 orange, zested
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh basil or mint, to garnish
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add honey and vinegar to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes. Let cool and thicken.
- In a small bowl, add ricotta, orange zest and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly brush both sides of the eggplant with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place slices of peaches and eggplants on grill. Grill until tender, flipping halfway through.
- Stack it! Eggplant, ricotta, peach, ricotta - as high as you want to go! Then drizzle with balsamic reduction. Top with basil or mint for garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit