If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was invited to a party and needed to bring a dish made with peaches or prosciutto. This flatbread has them both, as well as with mozzarella, black olives, and arugula with a balsamic glaze. The sweet peaches go well with the crispy flatbread and the salty prosciutto. It makes a great appetizer or a main dish with a salad. —Leith Devine
- 2 packaged flatbreads or pitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 8 greek black olives, chopped
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 3 peaches, sliced thinly
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn into strips
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella (I used bocconcini)
- balsamic vinegar glaze
- Heat grill to low or preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush onto flatbreads. Scatter chopped shallots and olives around the bread.
- Place basil leaves on bread, then add the sliced peaches. Add fresh mozzarella balls.
- Grill on low heat until the cheese melts. In the oven, place on a pizza stone or directly on the rack and bake until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and place a big handful of arugula on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar glaze.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit