If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you're like me, you're taste buds love both sweet and savory (I know, the struggle is real). Luckily, that's what makes this salad so great. It combines the best of both worlds, with the tart, juicy plums making the salad a perfect dish for summer. It makes a great addition to any BBQ or picnic, but be careful, it's so damn good that you might want to keep it all for yourself. —Amy Tischler
- 1 bunch green curly kale
- 1 19 ounces can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 ounces jar roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 5 small red plums, halved, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- In a medium bowl, combine the kale, beans, peppers, cucumber, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, shallot, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, until fully emulsified.
- Slowly pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss until mixed. Add the plums, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the salad once more and serve, garnishing with more basil as desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit