Author Notes: A different version of kimchi rice, prepared with buckwheat and with the addition of tuna and asparagus. —HonestlyMe
cup whole buckwheat
grams roughly chopped white onion
cup canned tuna
tablespoon gochujang (korean hot pepper paste)
grams blanched asparagus cut in big pieces
tablespoon rice oil
tablespoons sesame oil
chopped spring onions
salt and black pepper
In This Recipe
- Fill a pot with water, salt it and bring it to a boil.
- Add the buckwheat and let it cook for 15 minutes or according to the instruction on the box.
- In the meantime pour the rice oil into a pan, turn the heat to high and when the oil is hot add the chopped white onion.
- Stir-fry the onion until translucent.
- Add the tuna, the kimchi, the sesame oil and the korean paste and stir-fry for other five minutes.
- Drain the buckwheat and add it to the pan.
- Add the asparagus and stir-fry until well combined.
- Adjust salt and pepper and add the lime juice.
- Divide the buckwheat in two plates ,and fry two eggs to place on top of each portion.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions to taste.