If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Slightly sweet and slightly tart, this salad also works well as an appetizer or dessert.
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 10-12 quartered figs
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Small ounces Mint leaves as garnish
- Drain the ricotta overnight in the refrigerator in a sieve lined with cheesecloth or a coffee filter.
- Place the ricotta in a food processor and pulse a few times until smooth.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and water in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until thick and syrupy, about 20 minutes. Add the honey and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat to cool.
- To assemble, place a few spoonfuls of ricotta cheese on each plate and spread out the cheese, making a bed for the figs. Distribute the figs among the plates. Sprinkle with sea salt, drizzle with the balsamic syrup, and garnish with the mint leaves.