cups white sugar
teaspoons corn starch
In This Recipe
- In a sauce pan bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Then add the rice and salt.
- As soon as the rice becomes tender add three cups of milk and sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium and let it broil for 10 -15 min stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile in another small sauce pan heat the remaining milk. When you can see a light stream of steam incorporate the vanilla extract and corn starch. Once it starts to transform into a pudding texture stir it in the rice mixture until you have a thicker mixture of rice and milk.
- Divide into bowls depending on the desired size. Make sure you wet the bowls with cool water first.