If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Zucchini is my favorite summer vegetable to grill. They marinate well, can get a charred outer layer while staying sweet and juicy in the inside, and pair well with basically any summer meal (all you have to do is pick the right marinade or toppings!). This recipe is a really easy way to spice up your grilled zucchini. —Just Me and The Clams
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- about 2 tablespoons olive oil for brushing
- Slice the zucchini into 1/2 inch slices the long way. Then add some salt and pepper to each side. Allow these to sit out for at least 10 minutes; the water will start to be pushed out by the salt. Then pat them dry. This prevents the zucchini from becoming super soft when it’s grilled.
- Mix the parsley, cheese, panko, and red pepper flakes together.
- Brush the zucchini lightly with the oil on one side. Place this side down on the grill on medium high heat. Cover and allow these to grill for about 8 minutes, or when you have some serious grill marks when you take a peek at the bottom of one. Before flipping, lightly (and carefully as to not spill the oil into your grill) brush the top of the zucchini with oil.
- Flip and sprinkle the panko mix evenly over the zucchini boats. Cook for another 8 minutes.