If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cretons is a French Canadian dish; it is very popular in French speaking areas of Canada especially Quebec. It is a pork spread containing onions and spices. —anka
Serves lot of people
- 3 pounds ground pork
- 3 medium onions, small dice or grated on cheese grater
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Water, enough to cover meat depend on the pot you will use (I used 3 cups)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs pulverised in food processor (or not)
- Place all ingredients accept bread crumbs in a large pot on high temperature and cook stirring constantly until all meat stay separated and not in the lumps.
- Turn heat down to medium and cover with lid.
- As the pork simmered for 2 hours stir occasionally, if it gets to dry add some water. On the end take lid off and let most water evaporate stir in bread crumbs and mix for next 5-6 minutes.
- Take of the stove, scope mixture in to ramekins or small loaf pan lined with saran wrap, cover and let cool in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with nice crusted toasted bread, topped with mustard and pickles, sliced or chopped hard boiled egg or just plain.
- This can be frozen too.